Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pinterest Win!!! Halloween Bark!!

I tend to have good luck when it comes to my Pinterest trials.. This is no different!!
I decided to make some Halloween Bark for an upcoming party I'm attending.
It was too easy.
I gathered
Half a package of Halloween Oreo's
One bag Candy Corn
One bag Pretzels (did NOT need such a large bag... I used maybe two cups..)
One bag of white Wilton's Candy Melts
One bag orange Wilton's Candy Melts
(not pictured: coconut oil)
(You can get the melts here)
I lined a cookie sheet with a baking mat (find it here)
I started a double boiler.
And got my Melts A Meltin..

Cut up my Oreo's.. In to quarters.. After a bit I started just chopping them pretty chunky.

I threw them all willy-nilly like onto the mat..
Then I did the same with the pretzels and tossed some candy corn on top.


While that chilled..
I added about a tablespoon of coconut oil to my chocolate.



I realized this STILL wasn't going to be pourable..
So I emptied my pretty mess into a bowl.. and poured my chocolate on top.

While I mixed, I tossed my orange melts into the same bowl.. the colors would mix, but that's just fine.



Added a tad oil as well.
Then I moved on to the mixture.
I combined fully and pressed it back onto the sheet..



Topped it with some leftover Oreo's and Candy Corn.. Then poured the orange on top.


I spread it with a spoon and topped with Candy Corn for good measure.
I placed it in my laundry room to dry for several hours.
This is what you get folks!!




Next time I will add even more pretzels. There's just something about that salty mixed with the chocolate.. You can't beat it!!

Go on and tackle this!! So easy ;)

5 comments:

  1. This looks so good, i wish i wasnt on a diet or i would totally make it because i am a real sucker for oreos! And youre so right, there is something so good about a sweet and salty mix. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make Halloween bark every year, My kids are addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like all the goodness in the world in stuffed into some Halloween bark!! I love this and will have to make it for my little boys. They will love it.

    ReplyDelete